Search This Blog

Saturday, January 18, 2014

New Adventure #1- Happy Hour

In my last post about new ideas for 2014, I wrote about joining a social club. My motivation is that if I am not dating, or really, even if I am, I need to enjoy more of life. It's been a tough 3 almost 4 years. I don't want to miss out on my life when I could be doing more and enjoying more of it. Yes, my normal schedule is busy, but I do not want to work or do chores all of the time. Also, it's not realistic to expect my friends and dates to be the soul source of my entertainment. I do fully believe that life is better when shared, but I don't want to be a 3rd wheel all the time.

Well, today was my first happy hour with the one of the groups! I had a fun time... a successful time! Chatted with a few ladies at my end of the table- though there were many more people, both male and female, that I did not get to talk to. I consider it a success because 1) I would do it again 2) there were people there that I could see becoming real friends with.

Anyhow it seems I can be as active as I want to be. There are meet-up groups for almost everything. There are dancing lesson groups, intellectual groups, site seeing and day trip groups, etc. One of the ladies and I talked about taking a line dancing class That sounds fun and embarrassing at the same time! But, perhaps I will do it anyway!

I won't commit to how many outings I will attend or which type, but I will promise to write about the adventures! The mission is to have more fun in 2014, whether I am dating or not, whether my kids drive me crazy or not, or whether money is tight or not. You get the idea!

So, here's to being braver and more adventurous in 2014! Maybe we will all have a good time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment